"Recipes and cooking are the center of my family. The glue that holds us all together after a long busy day. We have passed down recipes in my family from over 100 years ago. We still have the handwritten recipes with all the changes through the years. I wanted to share some of my family’s favorites with all of you for the next few months. I would also invite you to submit your favorite fall and upcoming holiday recipes now for the September, October, November, and December Recipe of the month. I look forward to hearing from you all and trying them out with my family at home."
- Lindsey Hamilton, Director of Sales & Marketing
Lindsey’s Maryland Cream of Crab
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 4-8 teaspoons of Old Bay (to your taste, I use 8)
- 3 teaspoons of minced onion
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound of jumbo lump crab meat
- 16 ounces of light cream
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- ¼ cup of chicken broth
- Loaf of french bread
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt butter, and add Old Bay, minced onion, lemon juice, and chicken broth. Stir thoroughly.
- Add the flour, stirring constantly, and gradually add the light cream continuing to stir.
- Add the crabmeat and let simmer for 15 minutes (Do not allow soup to boil)
- Serve warm with a dash of Old Bay and parsley on top with a slice or two of warm French bread for dipping.
Submit Your Recipe To: Collingtonsocial@gmail.com
For a Quick and Easy Summer Soup Recipe: Click Here