This month's featured recipe for Hawaiian Delight Cake was contributed by Collington's Outreach Manager, Sandy Short. "My aunt shared this recipe with me and it was a family favorite growing up. This easy layer cake is a refreshing dessert on a hot day, at a cookout, or if you’re just like me, you can hide it all for yourself! Cake should be baked in a 9x12 pan and coconut is optional. Best served chilled. Enjoy!"
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 large package cream cheese
- 2 cups milk (3 cups milk for 2 small boxes)
- 1 large package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 large can crushed pineapple
- 1 large Cool Whip
- 1 can coconut (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together
- Bake cake at 350
- Beat cream cheese, pudding, and milk until smooth
- Spoon mixture over cake
- Drain pineapple - put over cake
- Cover cake with Cool Whip then sprinkle coconut on top
We invite you to submit your recipe to Collingtonsocial@gmail.com to be showcased in our "My Favorite Recipes" feature in our monthly newsletter.