This is a wonderful soup for winter - hearty but good. I can also make it in my Instapot so it takes very little time - Katharine Laughton, Collington Resident
- 2 TBL butter 1⁄2 cup Chopped onion
- 2 14 oz cans chicken broth 1tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper` 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 TBL dried parsley 3C peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- 3C peeled and cubed white potatoes 2TBL cornstarch
- 2TBL water 3 oz cream cheese cubed
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese 2 C Half and half
- 1 C frozen corn
- Saute the onion in the butter until tender.
- Add 1 can chicken broth, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and parsley
- Cook the potatoes and set aside
- Dissolve cornstarch in the water.
- Add mixture to the onions stirring constantly
- Add cheeses. Stir until melted
- Add remaining can on chicken broth, half and half, corn and heat through but do not bring to a boil.
- Add in potatoes.
Submit Your Recipe to Collingtonsocial@gmail.com to be showcased in our "My Favorite Recipes" feature in our monthly newsletter.